Friday, May 6, 2011

RUN DEE!! RUN!!

Got up yesterday and tinkered around online looking for work and updating my blogs and websites in an attempt to wait for the temperature to rise.  I had breaks to put on the Bentley (our 1995 Cutlass Cierra) that I have been trying to install for about two weeks or so.  Dee had the car for about a week and then when  he brought it back the weather was (and still is) up and down.  Anyway, I finally got it done and now the Bentley is back on the road!!  Once I got that done, I did a quick wardrobe change and headed over to Berkly Mccluer South for Dee's track meet.  Now when I left home it was like 65 degrees and kinda overcast, but it wasn't really cold.  By the time I drove the whole 10 minutes to the high school and got out of the car, IT WAS FREEZING and I had no jacket with me!!  Normally when I attend his meets, I record Dee, his girlfriend and his other teammates, but yesterday I only recorded Dee!!  Despite the cold and sometimes rainy weather, he did great!!  He was first in the open 400m (which is his race) and second in the 200m.  He and his team took 2nd in the 4x400m as well as second (I think) in the 4x200m ( I was just getting there when that race started).  For the third year in a row he was awarded the title of Conference champ in the 400m!!!  THAT BOY GOOD AND I AM VERY PROUD OF HIM!!!!  After the last event the sky opened up and the rain poured...I'm glad they were all done and everyone did a great job!!


No comments:

Post a Comment