Monday, May 16, 2011

I saw you...running in the rain

So it's Saturday morning and Dee has a track meet.  I though it started at 9, but I am so glad that he called and informed me that it didn't start until 11.  My mom was going to the meet with me so got to the house at around 9, she ate some yogurt, watched some UFO show on the history channel and then we headed out to the meet.  Before we actually headed to the meet, we had to do a little shopping.  Much to our dismay, it was cold and rainy that morning so we need to get some gear.  I brought us a trash bag from home to sit on so that our butts wouldn't get wet, but I couldn't find my rain poncho and mom did have on enough clothing.  Now mind you, it is May in St. Louis, but he temperature was probably only like 50 degrees and when you are sitting still at a track meet in the rain....IT IS REALLY FREAKIN COLD!!!!  Once we got our $1.49 ponchos, a sweat shirt for mom and some snacks, we headed back to the school to watch Dee participate in the district track meet.  He was in three events (4x200, 400, 4x400) and he made in to sectionals in two of them (4x200 and 400)!!!  He looked great out there as usual and I can't wait to see him run this coming Saturday!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment